Sunday, November 02, 2008

More ATC's...

Ok, so somehow I need to spend more time in the evenings working on creative endeavors. I should have enough energy for it. I have a plan. I will setup my laptop at my desk so I can catch up on my shows and manage to create at the same time. Of course it could backfire on me if I just sit dumbly staring at the monitor but hopefully I will get at least something done. Feel free to check in on me and bust my chops.
Last weekend I did manage to finish another ATC but had to go wild and do the triptych type. It was another idea from Bernie Berlin's ATC book which has some cool ideas and I can't recommend it enought. It also looks like a portion of the proceeds from her book go to help rescue animals.
I have this lovely Eiffel Tower stamp that I hadn't used yet and decided it would make a great triptych version ATC. To get started I stamped several of them and then picked the one I liked best. Decorated it and turned it over and was trying to figure out what to do with the back and rather than cover up the other test stamp decided two towers were better than one. So this is a two sided triptych. Say that one real fast. Go ahead. I dare you. Anyhow, I hinged it with eyelets and ribbon and decided it needed a hanger so made that out of some prestrung beads I have. Did I ever tell you that I also have a bead addiction? So far it is just ones that are on sale and I haven't done much with them yet but have great plans for jewelry making. I know, it's a sickness and how can I possibly fit it all in with a full time job?
So now the question of what to do with these. My understanding is that you trade them and I did find reference to a Yahoo group for it and will probably check that out. I think I may be doing more of these. Not sure yet if I actually want to collect them but it seems that it's okay to just give them away and I could call them ACEO's and sell them. We shall see. If anyone has ATC groups they are involved in that they recommend feel free to share. Bernie Berlin's book also had some cute ideas for how to store the cards but that could be another addiction so leaving it alone for now.
Oh, shucks! It's past my bedtime. I guess that's enough rambling for now.



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Misti said...

Wow, Laurel, that's really beautiful!

Rebecca said...

That's awesome! Good job girl!

Stephanie said...

Very beautiful...I could that in a shadowbox with pics and memorabilia from a trip to Paris. I am sure that you have the time to squeeze that in, don't you?

Stephanie said...

I meant that I could see that...

Charlie said...

Wow... I love this ATC!!! You know me and how I love Paris and the Eiffel Tower.
Your work is gorgeous. One of these days I'll have to do another ATC and we can trade.

namesconnie said...

Very nice artwork. Love the colors and everything about this. Thanks for sharing it. Sincerely, Connie