My 2008 post seems very appropriate as a reminder of some of the things I've accomplished from that list but a gentle nudge towards the ones I've neglected. It is also my favorite because I exposed a part of myself and I need to do more of that. I don't consider myself a terribly private person but I don't think I spend enough time on self examination these days and that is a vital part of inner growth. I wanted to find piece of artwork I did or a photograph I took that had special meaning and I did find a bit of that but being real is more important.
It is interesting to see my progression from scrapbooker to exploring mixed media but it is like reading an old diary when you find a tidbit that you really need to revisit and re-embrace.
Here is the post.
I am so blessed with family and friends who all love and support me and are happy for me and encourage me continually.
Last night I started listening to a Franklin Covey cd and pulled out an old notebook where I recorded some of my health goals and weight loss from previous attempts. At the time when I wrote them they seemed so far away but now I am partway there. Here is the list unedited:
- To be able to bend over and tie my shoes easily.
- To be able to move freely without the restrictions I have now because of my weight.
- To be more physically active in my activity types.
- To be able to hike up a mountain with the ease of a fit person.
- To be able to ride a bike up and down hills.
- To take my bike on trips and to ride it rather than drive every where.
- To be healthy and fit.
- To play tennis.
- To do more creative things like pottery, painting and stained glass.
- To stop spending more money than I make.
- To pay off all my debt.
- To pay cash for everything except for an occasional large purchase but to also pay that off quickly.
- To spend more time seeking out God.
- To learn how to hear God.
- To learn how to obey God.
That last one is a doozy. I have accomplished some of those goals and am working on others and some I still need to address. It's funny that I started thinking about these last night because today I read my friend Rebecca's blog and she is examining some of her before 30 life goals and issued a challenge. So, Rebecca, consider the above list my contribution although I know there is more floating around in my head.
Another coincidence is that the theme for this week's Inspire Me Thursday is Healing. I wanted to contribute some sort of art that embodied that to me but my photography and spilling my guts will have to do. In my life God is healing and nature is what speaks to me the most about healing. The photograph above reminds me of God's healing in my life that enables me to open myself up more. I feel like a flower opening to His possibilities.