Sunday, July 08, 2012

Another one finished...

I've had a lovely weekend.  My niece Natalie came late yesterday to hang and spend the night.  Our intentions were to start playing with paints and such then but it was fun to just visit and make a run to Home Goods with Mom.  Today we did spend some time playing and talking about ways to add texture.  My niece has just started painting and is having fun with exploring using paper towels for texture and even tried out alcohol inks for painting.  She's made some lovely pieces.

The piece below is 8x8 and I started it by challenging myself to use scraps I collected from the girls on one of our crafty days.  I layered in some pattern tissue and some other tidbits including rub-ons.  I found one that I though just fit in perfectly with the cheerful colors and flowers of 'laugh with me' and I'm calling this one done.  I think it will make it to my Etsy shop.  Once I have a group ready I think I'll put them on their all at once.

I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend too.  Hugs!

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary said...

Laurel this is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful indeed. Happy you and your niece had a great time together...what could be more fun!!!