Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Beauty in the everyday...

It's been a while since I visited Inspire Me Thursday but since I'm supposed to be going to sleep now I thought it was as good a time as any. Things have been a little hectic and I've really been missing my IMT fix. There are so many talented people who post to that site and I'm always so inspired by them (no pun intended). This weeks them is beauty in the everyday. There are so many things that I see as beautiful including the people I love but I chose to go with some pictures from the garden. For some reason I find nature so soothing and at the same time energizing. God's handiwork just moves me.

My sister loves to give me orchids and I have a full kitchen window sill to show for it. Orchids are so beautiful and delicate.




This is a man made bird house with a roof made with pine cone pieces. I just love the texture.



Funny, this is another man made item but he is just so cute he makes me smile.




12 comments:

Misti said...

I can't see the pictures. ;o/

Gemma Wiseman said...

No pics! But your comments suggest they must be beautiful!

Rebecca said...

Love that little garden guy!

Anonymous said...

That guy is a hoot. Love him. Thanks for sharing.

Michael

Charlie said...

Beautiful photo's...I have not seen you in awhile. Great you are back.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you...love the photos...the garden guy would make me smile every day!! ART IN EVERY DAY!!
Fabulous!

Tammie Lee said...

Orchids are so lovely, sweet sister you have.
Garden goodies are beauty in the everyday.

saffron said...

Really beautiful everyday items! Your photos are so lovely!

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your Art in Everyday pictures are beautiful! And I do love your whimsical garden friend!

Anonymous said...

these are certainly beautiful! love the cards you made too

Rowena said...

My favorite is the orchid picture. It just seems so...serene, some how.

I never really thought of orchids as every day, but I guess if you've got orchids in your kitchen, they are every day.

Cool

AscenderRisesAbove said...

lovely macro shots in unexpected angles