Sunday, February 23, 2014

Some play time...

Today I managed to set aside a couple hours to play with my new large Gelli plate. After watching a video by Andy Skinner I pulled out some Nickel Azo Gold, Titanium White and Paynes Grey which are colors I don't use often and had some fun.



This one is on 14x17 mixed media paper but I think I need something heavier for the larger formats.






These two are from pulling left over paint from the plate and some brayer cleaning. The red is Lumier which seems to work good. I have started using Golden's Retarder to extend the drying times and it works great.



I also am in very first almost art show. My local Dick Blick store had a Tape Up art show in the store and I took in one monoprint collage I made last weekend. Now I need to step up my game and try for some others.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

laurel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.