Sunday, September 21, 2008

New purchases...

Bad me! I keep forgetting to post this beautiful pendant I purchased from Charlie. One side is a lovely young lady and the other side is the Eiffel Tower. I read her blog on a regular basis and enjoy her artwork. When I saw she had made this I had to have it and love it. Now I have a collection of two glass pendants. I'm not really intending to have a collection per se but if I see one that expresses something of joy and beauty then I will be sorely tempted.



Another recent purchase is this book. I found it in Home Goods of all places for $10. It was published in 1925 and is from Denmark and weighs a ton. I just loved the cover and had visions of an altered book but the more I look at it the more I'm not sure if I can bear to do that. I have this thing for books, especially old ones and feel like I would be desecrating it. I don't have a problem if the book is falling apart or if it is a new one. I have a reproduction 1902 Sears catalog that I will be using at some part but it was produced in the 70's so don't have a problem with that. If it was truly from 1902 it would be more than I could bear. Here are some pics of the book. I'm guessing it may have been a schoolbook since it has English lessons in it.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Charlie said...

OMG...you are so sweet for putting my pendant here on your site. I'm honored. Hope you are enjoying it. It was one of my favorites. As you know I love anything with the Eiffel tower on it.