Sunday, September 29, 2013

Portland, Oregon...

Landed in Portland last night to attend Art & Soul retreat.  So excited to be spending an entire week learning and creating.  Today my friend Erin, who I met last year at Art Is You, picked me up for a day of exploring downtown.  She took me to many wonderful places including Scraps, a center where artists take their leftover supplies for resale, Cargo, an import store, Blick's and a few other places I've forgotten the names of already.  It was a windy rainy day or I might have manged to take more photos but I saw many wonderful things and bought some fun papers to use for collages.  We even popped into a cool store that has some of Flora Bowley's artwork so that was cool to get to see some of her originals.

Below is a pic of Cargo and some of my haul for the day.



Tomorrow I'm off to see Erin's home, meet her family and see her artwork in person.  So looking forward to it.  Tomorrow night is the opening party for Art & Soul.

No comments: