Monday, September 02, 2013

Play Time Part Two...

Will wonders never cease!  Two posts in one weekend.  ;-)

Saturday I had a lovely art play date with Ann Bailey and her friend Patty.  We also spent some time with the rest of her talented family.  Click on her name above to see their work.  I decided to live on the edge and take my new blank 36x36 canvas and below is the resulting work.  I thought I might spend some more time on it but I've decided it is finished.  Now to decide if I want to keep it or sell it.  I was going to put it over the fireplace but it is too dark for that spot so we shall see.


At lunch time we headed out for some fast food and on the way back saw a family with free kittens.  We couldn't help ourselves and stopped to look.  Their poor mother was run over that morning and the family was able to collect two of the four kittens.  Ann had been looking for a kitten so decided to take the little boy and call him Artie.  My old grey cat Scooter had passed a few weeks ago so I decided I would take the little girl and name her Trixie.  They both had an immediate flea bath and fortunately they are young enough to not think you are trying to kill them.  I have a lot of experience with that through my teen years with indoor outdoor cats (before they had things like Advantage).  She is so tiny and such a little love bug.  I haven't been able to put her down for long all weekend.  The other cats are afraid of her even though she is a fraction of their size.  So funny to watch but everyone is slowly adjusting.


I hope everyone had a nice rest from Labor today.  Hugs!

No comments: