Thursday, July 29, 2010

The floor saga...

Well, there is an awful lot of prep work for stripping concrete to get it ready for stain and looks like next step would be a big floor sander to get the dang glue line out of the middle.  I thought about paint but that would take a lot of work applying varied colors so it didn't look so flat.  So, now I'm looking at bamboo flooring.  After searching high and low for really good prices I've settled on iFloor.  They seem to have good customer service although the drawback is not being able to see any bigger samples.  I have a few more samples coming in the mail but I've narrowed it down to these three colors.  The first two are very close but the first one has a touch more red to it.  My dilemma now is do I go with the more brown tone (middle) that I like the best or do I go with redder one that almost matches the wood of my furniture.  Seems like that would be a bit much.  What do you think?  The third one's sample is on the way but seems like it might work better for not being so close to the color of the furniture and give me me brown tones.  We shall see.  It will arrive any day now.  I'm going to go ahead and try to do the entire first floor and hopefully the stairs and upstairs hallway.  Bedrooms will have to wait.  So more fun to look forward to of ripping up carpeting and the existing wood in the foyer.  Yay!


 

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Laurel, I like the second one best. I would not try to match your furniture. Your furniture could change before your floor do, and personally I like things that don't match.

Thanks for stopping by, it's good to hear from you.

Keep us posted on the progress.

Mary said...

Hi Laurel, I like the second one best. I would not try to match your furniture. Your furniture could change before your floor do, and personally I like things that don't match.

Thanks for stopping by, it's good to hear from you.

Keep us posted on the progress.