Sunday, July 20, 2008

A study in leaves...





Well, playing with my macro lens again. I didn't pull out the tripod so this is all hand held. Next time I'm going to try some of the same subjects with the tripod to see what kind of difference that makes. I think maybe they will come out crisper. I just love the intricacy and delicateness of leaves.

This weekend was pleasant although I didn't get as much done as I'd like (as usual). Yesterday was a fun filled day scrapping with the girls. I call it scrapping because it's at a scrapbook store. The girls scrapbook and I ususally do something that uses paper. I didn't work on cards this time because I am actually starting on Christmas presents for the family. Can't say what because once in a very blue moon family members will read my blog so have to keep it under wraps until I give them away.

Today I wanted to do something for the IMT dot's theme and had something in mind. Went into my craft area to clear off a space to paint and it morphed into a reorganization session which involved going to the store and getting some bins. Found some cute striped ones at Bed Bath and Beyond and bought six. Filled them up and need at least three more. I didn't take any pictures since cupboards are a little boring but it's coming along. Maybe I will manage to paint tomorrow night.

Well, it is well past my bedtime so I'm off. Hope everyone has a lovely week!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Karen Salva said...

Macro lenses are just way too cool. These leaves are little works of art all by themselves.

I have to laugh about your intention on art and ending up reorganizing. I know that all too well. In fact my favorite time of year is coming with all the cool back to school/college organizing thingys.

Take a picture anyway, people love to see where others create, it tends to be quite creative how we cram it all in!

Charlie said...

Great pictures! I like using my macro lens, but seems lately all I use it for is to take pictures of my jewelry. It's good practice. It is funny how we have intentions of making art and then end up organizing instead. But I like to go through my stuff. I always find something I forgot I had.

NANCY LEFKO said...

beautiful photos...really!!!

thanks for visiting my blog....

Tammie Lee said...

Oh my goodness, these leaf/fern images are wonderful!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

very nice - i very much like the curly fern leaf which is just waking up!