Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Wishing all a blessed and joyful Christmas.



This year I made monoprints with a little added splattering since I had so much fun with it at Art and Soul. I love how each one is a little different.



On another note I have a big wall in my foyer that I've been trying to figure out what to do with. Found some picture shelves at IKEA and made an art gallery out if it. That part was Mom's idea and I wanted something that would work for changing art. Hopefully I will get myself in gear this year and sell some of it.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Kelly Scott said...

Hi I love your mono prints! The colors are so beautiful and vibrant. I was wondering what products you used and what you used for the tree shape?

laurel said...

Thanks Kelly. Here is a list of what I used: first layer of paint is Golden's green gold with some interference added using a Kari McKnight 8x10 circles stamp that I don't see available anymore. I used the stamp to take away the paint before taking the first print. I then cut the papers down to fit on the cards and then used Glimmer Screens Winter Trees as a mask and used Golden's quinacridone magenta with interference added for a second printing. Lastly I spattered a bit of paint for some additional texture. I also posted this list on your comment on Gelli's Facebook page.