Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Little More Art Journaling...

I had a lovely morning yesterday with some more art journaling.  The lovely Mary Freemanary hosted a class that runs pretty much monthly and it is always such an enjoyable time meeting new friends and being creative.  Mary starts us out with a prayer, prompts and helpful tips and techniques.
 One of my challenges is that I'm not much of a verbalizer on the page.  I love playing with color and technique ideas but putting words on the page is a struggle.  Or maybe I just don't want to go past the point of playing with paint and picking up a pen instead.  Something to ponder.

Anyway, Mary had a new green that just makes me happy (you know what I mean).  Granny Smith green by Martha Stewart.
I had fun playing with that and a neon pink and orange.  Mary also had a stash of stamps and I had fun playing with a little house stamp.

 So looking forward to next month's get together.

If you get a chance head over to Mary's blog and check out her artwork and her wise words.


Mary said...

Thank you dear Laurel! Look at Wendy's and my puckered mouth...we must have been saying the same thing! lol

You created another beautiful spread!

How about pulling out a separate piece of paper, add a few swipes of color and the just begin writing. Don't think or edit, just write. See what emerges.

I love you!

Connie said...

Your artful group sounds wonderful and I love your journal pages. I hope you don't mind if I tag along . . . . your newest follwer, Connie:)
P.S. I would love to have you as a mutual follower, please come visit. My welcome mat is always out :)