Monday, July 06, 2009

So excited...

I'm so excited! Last week I sold my very first piece of artwork on Etsy to a lovely lady who lives not too far from me. I have to say I was tempted to hand deliver it but didn't want to appear too crazy or stalker like. ;-)



Some other things I've been doing is revisiting some pages in my art journal that I'm just not happy with. This first one just felt too bare and simplistic but I had to walk away for a while.







I bought some lovely metalic Lumiere paints and played with them on and used some Golden Air Brush paint. It probably still doesn't have enough depth but I'm much happier with the feel of it now. I at least enjoy seeing it when I flip the pages.



This is another one that felt very flat and boring so I ripped off the buttons and metal flower and went to town playing with layering paint.



I've also created some ATC's for a swap but darn it all my computer is no longer recognizing my camera and I can't dump my photos. Now all I have to do is figure out why. Hopefully I won't have to roll back to a previous state. I have a love hate relationship with computers, love them when they behave and hate them when they start acting up. Oh well.
I hope everyone had a lovely 4th of July weekend with friends and family.





8 comments:

Rebecca said...

yay!

Anonymous said...

hurray for getting your first work sold! its lovely :)

Eva said...

Congratulations on the sale! Very exciting!

Ruthie Redden said...

congratulations on your very first sale laurel, isn't it a grand feeling! i am so loving your journal pages, im still trying to really let go when i am doing mune, im such a perfectionist im finding it really hard to be free, you asked what lens etc i use, my camera is a tinyolympus camedia D535, not the digital slr i covet but it has the most amazing x3 optical zoom feature on it, my best present ever, from my daughter. have a lovely day x ruthie

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Congratulations on your first online sale!! WooHoo... I know the excitement!! I'm sure there will be many more to come!

ELK said...

congratulations on your very first sale ~a wonderful feeling I am sure...i love the way you use color ~ some of my very favorites right here!

Mary said...

I love "Imagine" it is hanging over my work table in my studio - and you could have delivered it. :) :)
We really do need to get together - coffee maybe??

Your punchanella is on its way.

Hugs!!

Charlie said...

oh yeah I totally agree with you on the computer issue thingy. I know you know what I'm talking about.