Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hi, I'm still here, sort of...

Well, mom and I didn't make it to the Dogwood festival. It was a dark rainy day and we decided on indoor retail therapy instead. It was a nice relaxing day. Work is backing off a little bit. I still have much more than I can get done but I've decided that if I'm going to have to give up any of my personal time then it will be for something I am more interested in and will benefit my career more. I won't bore you with details but it's web development related and something I really want to become proficient at.

The last week or so I've been a bad girl buying clothes. We have a local Lane Bryant that is moving and they are selling off all the inventory at a deep discount so they don't have to move it. I just couldn't pass up shirts at $2 or pants at $9. Some things were a little more but I really racked up without having to take out a small loan. I've even bought some things at smaller sizes to cover me for a little while. It's so nice to have new things. I'm a clothes junkie. If I were rich I'd buy new stuff every month.

I haven't been doing much in the way of art or scrapbooking lately. I did get together with some of the girls a couple weeks ago but only managed to make a couple cards for the day. I wasn't satisfied with them but it was really nice to hang with the girls. I will probably work again this weekend but maybe I can squeeze in some crafting time. We shall see.

Today I decided to live on the edge and sign up for an online art class by Paulette Insall. I looked at her Flicker site with artwork from a previous class and was hooked. I really, really, really want to be able to create those wonderful backgrounds. I'm really excited about taking this class and so hope I will be able to create something beautiful. If I'm not embarrased by it I will post the works in progress. Class starts on May 19th.

I'm at work so no pictures to post and I guess it's time to stop my lunch break and get back to work. Hope all is well with everyone.

No comments: