Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weblog Award...



Wow! I've been awarded a Brillante Weblog award by Charlie from Art Happens. I 'met' Charlie through Inspire Me Thursday and really enjoy reading her blog and looking at her wonderful art. Thanks for the award Charlie and for sharing yourself. I am really humbled by the award and don't really think I deserve it since I am such a newbie but am encouraged by it. Thanks again Charlie.


The award is given for sharing art and I get to nominate 7 artists (which is really hard to narrow it down) for the award and the rules are:


1) Put the logo on your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on yours.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs

It was really, really hard to pick just 7 but here they are:

1) Paulette Insall - Thank you Paulette for your sweet spirit and your willingness to share. I so enjoyed taking your Organic Backgrounds class and how much you give of yourself and encourage others.

2) Paula Scott - Molokai Girl. Thank you Paula for visiting my blog and your words of encouragement. I so enjoy looking at your art. Paula is multi-talented in photography, mixed media and jewelry and probably more mediums I haven't seen yet.

3) Judy - Red Velvet - She does the most amazing altered art and give of herself so much in each piece she creates.

4) Rebecca Boyer - Welcome to My Friendship - Rebecca, thank you so much for being my friend. Rebecca is a scrapbook artist and a very lovely person.

5) Hanna Andersson - iHanna - Hanna is one of those multi-talented, multi-medium artists and her blog has a world of interesting information and techniques and she is an inspiration to me.

6) Angela Cartwright - Said & Done - I had to pick this one because I just bought Angela's book, Mixed Emulsions, after seeing some of her work in the Somerset Studios magazines and am so very inspired by the things she does with photographs. I've been wanting to incorporate my photography with mixed media and now so many things are swirling in my brain to try.

7) Ree aka The Pioneer Woman - I love her stories and love, love, love her photographs and what she does with PhotoShop.
Originally I included Patricia Mosca - From The Inside Out but she has received this award three times and asked that I pass it on to another. But please check out her blog too for her daily affirmations.

3 comments:

pattie said...

I am honored that you have bestowed this award on me and my blog...Thank you so much...I must readily admit that I have been given this award 3 times now, and would love for you to pass it on once again to another deserving soul...With much gratitude to you for thinking of me...I appreciate it...From my heart to yours...

Judy said...

Wow it must be a day of 3's as I too have recieved it 3 times - so thanks for making it a 3rd - so appreciate this honour.

iHanna said...

So glad I inspire you! It makes me happy!